Dear CDM Middle and High School Parents
Welcome back to school! We are excited to have your talented students at CDM. Corona Del Mar Middle and High School provides an enriching environment and The CDM Foundation aims to make it even BETTER! Your generous pledges/contributions to The CDM Foundation are more important than ever this year as The CDM Foundation funds its largest project to date – a modernized Learning Resource Center (LRC). The LRC will replace our 50+ year old traditional library.
First, we want to thank you for being great parents, and for making the investment in your children’s education and learning environment! All of you invest a tremendous amount of time and effort as parents and we see the incredible results that make CDM a truly special place.
The results speak for themselves:
- CDM ranks in the top 100 high schools in the nation according to Newsweek.
- CDM ranks as the 40th best high school in California according to US News and World Report.
- CDM students score 25-50% higher on college entrance tests than other public high school students.
- 99% of CDM students go to college and you would not believe where CDM kids are going!
The CDM Foundation is a parent-managed organization that annually raises money to fund CDM programs, supplemental staff and major facility improvements. We fund the BIG STUFF! The CDM Foundation invests a tremendous amount of resources to enhance the campus environment for our students. Each year, The CDM Foundation works closely with the administration, faculty and parents to identify important projects and programs at CDM and provides funding for these projects. Annual funding commitments include: CDM’s college counseling coordinator and the ongoing college preparatory programs, technology upgrades in the classrooms, academic programs, various teachers’ grants, staff support in the science, art & technology areas and outstanding capital improvements – gymnasiums, technology center (which houses our award-winning robotics program), attendance office renovation, nurse’s office renovation and more. These investments are for the benefit of ALL CDM STUDENTS!
In the upcoming months, The CDM Foundation will fund:
- Modernized Learning Resource Center with space for students to collaborate and learn.
- One Recovery – a new program for struggling students at CDM.
- Improvements to athletic facilities.
- Continued funding of the college counseling coordinator & preparatory programs.
- Continued technology investment in the technology and robotics programs.
- Continued investments in science, arts, math and other programs.
In 2017, The CDM Foundation will fund its largest project ever, the new modernized Learning Resource Center. We encourage all of you to participate and make a pledge or an annual contribution to the CDM Foundation to support this initiative as well as our ongoing commitments. We are striving to achieve 100% participation! A suggested contribution of $750 per student, per year over the duration of your child’s attendance at CDM would be greatly appreciated. All donors that contribute this year will be recognized on our website and on the current donor banner outside the gym. Our goal is to raise $750,000 with 100% participation, so support at any level is appreciated.
Thank you for all that you do!
The CDM Foundation